This is the way I'd like to wake up every morning! But who am I kidding? I barely have time to put on 5 minutes of makeup, change the babys diaper and grab a cup of coffee on the way out to carpool in the mornings! On Sunday mornings I have more time to throw together special breakfasts like this one.
These aren't your light and fluffy pancakes, I like mine dense and cake like with just the right amount of chew. The flavor combination is so lovely if you like a bit of fruity chocolate. Watch the full recipe unfold in my video of the week here or read until the end of the post where it will be inserted as always. And now for exact measurements to get this recipe:
Blueberry Mocha Breakfast Pancakes Recipe
1 Cup Milk
1 Large Egg
1 1/4 Cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Halved Blueberries + A few extra for garnish
1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Agave Nectar (Honey or Maple Syrup are good substitutes)
1. Combine milk with the egg and whisk well to combine.
2. Add in flour and mix. Then add sugar, salt and baking powder and mix again. Add cocoa powder and mix that in as well.
3. Add blueberries and lemon zest to the chocolatey pancake batter and mix one more time.
4. Melt a bit of butter down in a small saute' pan over medium heat.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time into center of saute' pan.
6. Brown each pancake for 1 1/2 minutes then flip. Cook 1 more minute on second side and then remove to a plate.
7. Keep stacking the pancakes as you remove them from the pan. Once done, sprinkle some halved blueberries over the top.
8. Serve warm with a bit of agave syrup over the top.
Thanks so much for stopping in!
You can also follow me with: