I remember the first time I ever cooked this dish. It was somewhere around 2012. I've served it several times since tweaking the recipe and playing with it a bit each time. My husband isn't huge on dairy meals but he appreciates when I keep the weeks menu to a variety between meat dishes, dairy dishes, fish etc. So I like to get creative with these ones rather then feeding him the typical penne with vodka sauce or baked ziti all the time. As a lover of all things potatoes I have to say this recipe is a great one no matter how it's done and it's about time I finally share my latest version with you.
Mini Scalloped Potatoes
6 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly up to about 2 inches around and 1/8 inch thick.
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Cup White or Yellow Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated up small
1 Tablespoon Scallions, Chopped Very tiny
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, if you like heat
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Teaspoon Flour
1. Melt the butter down in the microwave for a 1/2 minute. Then brush the butter inside 6 ramekins on the sides and bottoms.
2. Preheat the oven to 400.
3. Peal the potatoes and slice each one into thin rounds.
4. Combine the cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, scallion heavy cream, cayenne pepper, salt and flour.
5. Spoon out 1 dollop of the cheese mixture into the bottom of each ramekin then layer 3 potatoes over the bottom and add another tablespoon of the cheese mixture over top of the potatoes. Continue layering potatoes then cheese until you've reached the top. Add 1/2 Tablespoon of the cheese mixture to the top. I tend to use 1 potato per ramekin.
6. Cover each ramekin with a piece of foil and bake for 35 minutes or until are golden but soft.
7. Serve warm.
Thanks so much for stopping in!
You can also follow me with: