I warned you about the jars of cookie butter sitting in my cabinet. Before they suddenly became available for sale in stores around here both my mom and mother in law happened to have returned from Israel bearing gifts of Biscoff cookie butter jars. First we had a couple of spoonfuls straight from the jar as everyone must do once and then we started dreaming up ideas of baked goods spread with cookie butter. One weekend I whipped up snickerdoodle cookies with a cookie butter frosting to sandwich between, another fun one was my cookie butter cinnamon buns, the list goes on. Of them all, these were my favorite. I'm lucky I got to have some what with my diet and all, I always treat myself to a little something on the weekend.
Feel free to substitute butter with margarine, nutella with it's non dairy cousin and the heavy cream with almond milk if you'd like to keep things Parve. This was a Sunday morning brunch for us so I didn't mind it being dairy. Also, this weeks video takes you through this recipe step by step, so watch it here if you'd like or read until the end of the post because you know it will be inserted as always!
Strawberry Nutella &Mango Cookie Butter French Toast Roll Ups
4-8 Slices of White Sandwich Bread
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Strawberries
1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Mango
Biscoff Cookie/ Biscuit Butter (1 teaspoon per roll up)
Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut Spread (1 teaspoon per roll up)
3 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Confectioners sugar and some nutella to drizzle
1. Start by slicing the crusts off of the sandwich bread very carefully so as to keep things even and preserve as much of the bread as possible. Discard of the crusts or feed them to the birds. Flatten the crustless pieces down by pressing down starting at the center and moving your fingers outwards.
2. Spread each piece of bread with spread of choice. About 1 teaspoon will do the trick. Spread the nutella or cookie butter especially thin and all the way to the edges so that they aren't too bulky, roll up easily and seal up well. Then drop down about 2 tablespoons of chopped strawberries onto pieces of bread spread with chocolate hazelnut nutella and the same for the chopped mango on the cookie butter spread pieces of bread. Tightly roll them up length wise, sealing them tightly and laying them on a platter seam down while preparing the next steps.
3. Prepare the custard. This is the mixture you will dip your rolled bread into. In a medium bowl or dish combine the eggs, heavy cream, sugar and salt. Whisk it with a fork until it is very well combined.
4. Carefully dip the roll ups into the custard allowing the piece to really sink in and soak it up. Then lay out onto a plate to drip off while heating the pan.
5. Heat a non stick saute pan over low heat and add the butter. Allow it to melt down to a thicker frothy consistency without quite melting into a liquid form yet. Then, add 4 roll ups to the pan at a time and allow to cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Then remove the roll ups to a paper towel lined plate for a few minutes.
6. Garnish with nutella chocolate hazelnut by drizzling it over the strawberry nutella versions and roll the mango cookie/biscuit butter ones through powdered sugar/confectioners sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I really hope you will give Strawberry Nutella & Mango Cookie Butter French Toast Roll Ups recipe a try! Don't forget to leave me a comment below letting me know what it was like if you do! Criticisms and advice are welcome too! And feel free to tag me on Instagram or post your photo on my facebook page as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can also follow me with: