Eating healthy is not easy! For one, it's far more expensive then ordering a burger and fries at the local takeout spot. Second, it can sometimes take a whole let of prep- chopping, slicing and dicing etc. This is most likely the greatest reason for a failed diet in many cases. Thankfully, I am still sticking to mine but it is not without a lot of hard work work and dedication. It is paying off in a big way. I haven't been at the weight I'm at now or looked this fit in 7 or 8 years. I've gotten close, but I've never been here.
I think lunch is my most challenging meal in terms of dieting. Breakfast is usually something like a coffee and yogurt or scrambled eggs which takes minutes to prepare. Dinner being my main meal, I have no problem putting in some extra time getting it together. When lunch comes around I'm usually not home to prepare myself a healthy meal and I get bored with my typical simple to prepare and take along options quite easily. Meal prep and unique salads have been really helpful. If you missed my meal prep blog post a few posts back, read it here for some tips and great recipes! This Sesame crusted tuna steak with carrot ginger dressing recipe is one of I've been really enjoying when I'm a little bored of my usuals. It's also super filling and holds me out until my small snack before dinner. This weeks video takes you through the step by step process of preparing this delicious healthy dish, so watch that here or read till the end of the post where I will insert it as always.
This is obviously not kosher for passover, but feel free to customize the recipe a bit and interchange some ingredients if you'd like to serve it over the upcoming holiday. It would certainly make a great appetizer to serve at the start of those day meals and impress your guests with.
Seared Sesame Tuna Steak with Carrot Ginger Dressing Recipe
About 1/4 lb. or more ready to cook Pepper Crusted Tuna Steak
1/4 Cup Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1-2 Cups Baby Spinach
1 Small Cucumber
Carrot Ginger Dressing:
1 Slice Red Onion
1 Medium Carrot
Small Knob of ginger
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1 Teaspoon- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Teaspoon Honey
1. Press toasted sesame seeds into the sides and top of the tuna steak.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying/saute pan over medium heat. Add tuna steak to pan. Sear for 1/2 minute- a minute depending on thickness so that it's lightly browned on the outside but still slightly pink at center when sliced.
3. Remove to a tray or plate to cool before slicing.
4. Combine a peeled carrot, peeled ginger, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce and honey in a food processor with the blade attachment. Turn on the machine and pulse a few times until the dressing is smooth and combined while still having very pureed bits of carrot throughout.
5. Dice the cucumber and toss it with the baby spinach.
6. Slice the tuna steak on it's longer side down the length with a very sharp knife. Lay the pieces of tuna steak out neatly but overlapping over top of the spinach mixture. Top with generous amounts of prepared carrot ginger dressing and serve.
Thanks so much for stopping in!
You can also follow me with: