At the beginning of the week, I began this two part series talking about my tips for choosing and applying makeup products to have them last longest on your face. It is something I get asked about all of the time as a makeup artist and beauty blogger. From preparing the skin for makeup, to blotting lips I covered so much of it all there, so please do go check it out! We all want our hard work to stay in place and so I'm covering another topic I get asked about alot and that is some of my specific product favorites to use in achieving a look that actually lasts for hours and even days when necessary. I chose one product from each category but for some there are a few I could probably recommend. If there is something missing, it is because I have not found one I like enough in the long wear aspect to advocate. Also, these are all products I have personally used for a long time. Any that have been sent to me by the company to try as samples will be marked as such. Please keep in mind that I would not commend a product for being great if it weren't. All opinions here are my own honest ones! Any products I have already reviewed in full will be linked, so just click on the title to have a look. Also, as you will notice, there are no skin care products here and that is because as I mentioned in the previous post, I do plan to share my exceptionally simple skin care routine here on the blog in the very near future, so look out for that if it is something that interests you! Now lets get into the products I stick to time and time again for a long lasting makeup look:
For the Face:
1) Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base Primer- This has been one of my most used primers both in my makeup artists kit and for my own personal makeup looks over the years. This is because it is lightweight, doesn't have my makeup slipping around and creates a great barrier between my skin and the makeup, therefore helping it stick around for longer!
2) Makeup Forever HD Foundation- Of all of these products this is probably one of the newest to me as I've only had it for a couple of months now. Regardless, I can say it is a foundation that stays put on my skin for hours at a time. Every time I wear it, I look at myself in the mirror at the end of a long day and marvel at how fresh I look! Look out for a full review coming soon.
3) Mac Pro Longwear Concealer- This concealer is obviously formulated by Mac to be long lasting on the skin and it truly does do just that. The great thing is that depending on shade choice I have found this formulation to work amazingly well both in my under eye area and on blemishes or imperfections I'd like to ensure stay covered for hours at a time!
4) Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder- Since beginning to wear makeup back in the 8th grade, I've had my share of pressed powders to try and this is one I just keep going back to because of how well it performs. It is certainly my favorite of those available at the drugstore as well! I've found that when using this with a large fluffy powder brush and lightly dusting the product over my face, I can keep oily areas (in the warmer months) beautifully matte and set my liquid products so that they do not move around at all throughout the day.
5) Urban Decay Deslick (Oil Control) Makeup Setting Spray- When the Skindinavia and Urban Decay setting sprays were first becoming popular, I was making my very first order from Sephora and threw one into my cart on a whim. I am so happy I did because there is nothing better for keeping makeup locked in place. Even my eye makeup seems to stick around longer when I use this stuff! I'm currently using up a bottle of this which is marketed for "Oil Control" and I think I like alot better at the end of Spring and Summer time when I am oily in certain areas of my face. In general, the "All Nighter" version is a good one all around and will be what I re-purchase next.
For the Eyes and Brows:
6) Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in "Painterly"- If you've watched any of my eye makeup tutorial videos, this product needs absolutely no introduction because I've made use of it in almost every one! It's just really the greatest at keeping shadows on the lid without having them crease up or lose pigmentation at all. My cream shadow collection is extensive, but this is the one I turn to most.
7) Mac Blacktrack Fluidline Gel Eyeliner- When tightlining and lining the lower waterline, I find this to be most long wearing. That said, I have yet to find an eyeliner in pencil, gel or liquid that I absolutely adore for the lower waterline and upper lash line because although this one sticks around really well, it does not last on me for more then 24 hours.
8) Diorshow Waterproof Mascara- I haven't made much mention of this mascara and that is because although it is of the most long lasting lash products I've ever tried, it is not my favorite formulation. Therefore, I will always go in with a different mascara first that does a good job of volumizing and separating my lashes and then do a second coat using this to set the mascara in place.
9) Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Eye Brow Pencil- This is another one of those products I've only had for a couple of months. At the same time, it far surpasses any other brow product I've ever owned. Something about the way it was formulated has it in your brows for days unless you specifically go in with makeup remover to get it off. I love how well it sticks around and I'm so happy to have added it to my daily makeup routine. look out for a video or post all about my brow regimen pretty soon!
For the Lips:
10) *Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liners- Lip liners are actually one of those products that tend to last on my lips no matter what. There are very few that I can actually attest to giving me 24-30 hours of wear though as these truly do. I will be reviewing these in full in the next week or so, so keep an eye out for more details on these!
11) Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipsticks- Although I have discovered some regular matte lipsticks like the ones from Wet N Wild and Mac that really hold up on me well, these liquid lipsticks are the ones I turn to for special occasions. They stay on my lips for hours and do not crumble, change color or lose pigmentation at all throughout the day. The only thing that can actually get them off in fact is oil and a lip scrub, that is how fabulous they are! If you were looking for a Shabbos and Yom Tov lip product- this is the one.
Do you have some products of your own to recommend? Please do speak up in the comments form below, we can all benefit from hearing from you!
Thanks so much for stopping in!
Don't forget to follow me with Bloglovin'
You can also follow me with: