It's been absolutely ages since I sat down to write a blog post. I hope all of you- my readers are doing well! I'm not going to give a million excuses for where I've been, everyone knows what it is like when life pulls you in several directions. The good news is that I've done alot of shopping and cooking which means lots of recipe posts and hauls coming your way! What could be better?
Lately, I'm on a roll with these eye makeup tutorials. Today I uploaded a video to my youtube channel, detailing this fun smokey eye with a twist. It is a fun way to get glamorous while keeping it light and "springey" (is that even a word?) with a pop of pink at the center. Plus it's utilizing my Smashbox photo op trio in wavelength as I mentioned I'd show in the last eye makeup tutorial post. If you'd like to see how I got the look, go over and watch the video now, or read till the end of the post where I will insert it as usual.
Here's how I got the look:
Products & Brushes Used:
1. Use fingers to pat a cream shadow all over the lid and just below the lower lash line as well. Then layer the nyx jumbo eye pencil over top of it.
2. Blend the woodwinked eyeshadow through the crease. And then add the pink shade called "papaya" to the center of the lid with the mac 239. Then tap the color gilt onto both sides of it and blend it through the crease gently. Go back in with the pink shade if it disappears at all. Then using the pencil brush, blend the same black shade just under the lower lash line.
3. Smudge some black liner into the upper waterline and add mascara to the upper and lower lash line.
4. Use a bright ivory shade to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye and add the yellow color called "golden rod" over top of them just slightly.
5. Then add lashes if you'd like. Go over them with a little more mascara to blend those lashes with the your natural ones.
6. Go over the band of the lashes with a bit of liquid liner. I like a graphic liner with a wing but feel free to go with what you like.
Let me know what you think of this look? Is it the kind of look you would wear this Spring and Summer? I think it'll be great for any party in the upcoming seasons! Let me know if you give it a try, leave a comment below, I love hearing from you!
If you liked this video please let me know by giving it a "thumbs up", you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can also follow me with: