I hope that those of you who celebrated Passover/Pesach these past two weeks have enjoyed it as much as I have! Today I am back and really glad to be!
Remember the review I did of these gorgeous Smasbox shadow trios!? As promised I've been working on some makeup tutorials to go with them. These colors are beautifully vibrant for Spring and I've already created several different looks using them. This first one incorporates these blues from the Electro trio. Although the shadows aren't as great in pigmentation as they look in the package, I fixed that problem pretty quickly with my trusty Nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk which always brightens up any shadow I top it with. As usual I have a video to go along with this post as I do with most of my eye makeup tutorials. So go ahead and watch it here if you'd like or read till the end of the post where I'll insert it as usual. Feel free to use any products you have at home to recreate this look, you don't necessarily need to own this specific product to do so! The coastal scents 88 color palettes would probably have you covered easily. Also keep in mind that I love dramatic looks with full on winged liner and lashes but this can be kept quite simple too if you wanted to wear it out for every day. My one and only piece of advice: have fun with it! Look out for more spring makeup tutorials coming soon utilizing these trios and other new products I've added to my collection recently!
Here's how I got the look:
Products & Brushes Used:
*"Nude" From the Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette
*Smashbox Photo Op Trio in "Electro"- Lime (all over lid), Tropical (inner corner) , Cobalt (lower lashline)
1. Use fingers to pack on the mac cream shadow and then do the same with the nyx jumbo pencil. I used it all over the lid from the lashline to brown bone, inner corner and even under the lower lash line.
2. Using a blending brush, blend a light brown shade through the crease as a transition shade.
3. Pack a bright teal blue shade all over the lid using a flat shader brush. Add the chartreuse color to the inner corner of the eye and just up into the crease ever so slightly. Bring that same color about half way in on the lower lash line as well. Then add the cobalt shade to the other half of the lower lash line and blend the too together with a pencil brush.
4. Smudge a black kohl liner into the upper lash line.
5. Line the lower water line with a bright nude long lasting liner.
6. Coat upper and lower lashes in black mascara.
7. Highlight the inner corner of the eye and brow bone using a bright ivory shade.
8. Add false lashes if you'd like.
9. Go over the band of the lashes with a black liquid liner and add a tiny wing on the outer corner.
Let me know if you like this look! Do you dare add a little bit of bright color to your makeup looks this Spring?
Let me know what kind of makeup looks you'll be wearing in the upcoming warmer months in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
If you liked this video please let me know by giving it a "thumbs up", you can also subscribe to my YouTube Channel here.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can also follow me with: