I've been planning on making a sorbet all summer long and for some reason or another it just didn't happen. That is until this idea popped into my head and I immediately set about gathering the ingredients for this Autumn and holiday season appropriate desert. Sorbets are a really nice way to finish off a meal if your looking for something not too heavy and they are almost too easy to make! With a bit of fruit puree and enough syrup to freeze it you have the perfect recipe. I threw in a cookie cutter and some sauce for extra pizazz but an ice cream scoop and a few slices of pear will be good too. This recipe makes enough for about 6 people to have 2 scoops but if you have leftovers it can be kept in the freezer. One detail that I cannot stress enough in regards to this recipe is choosing pears that are perfectly ripe, this will help with the quality and taste of the finished product. My pears were already quite sweet naturally so not too much sugar was needed, keeping it healthier for me. This would also make the ideal Rosh Hashana desert as it can be prepared well in advance.
Pear & Honey Sorbet with Pomegranate Sauce
1/4 cup water
1/8 cup sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup honey
1 loaf pan
cookie cutter in fun shape
1/2 cup pom pomegranate juice
1/8 cup corn syrup
5 tablespoons sugar
1. Peel the pears and then chop them up.
2. Put the pears, water, sugar, nutmeg and honey into a blender. Blend until it is all smoothed and combined.
3. Freeze the liquids from the blender in a loaf pan placed in the freezer for a few hours-a week.
4. Heat the pomegranate juice, corn syrup and sugar over a low flame in a medium sauce pan until you have a thicker liquid consistency.
5. Put a cookie cutter or ice cream scoop under hot water for two minutes and then cut out shapes or scoop the sorbet out onto plates.
6. Once the syrup has cooled off spoon a bit over each serving of sorbet and serve.
Thanks for stopping in!
Don't forget to follow me with Bloglovin' !