You may remember my niece Kreindy from other makeup work I've used her as a model for. We spent the weekend at her summer house a couple of weeks back and we had so much fun working on this weeks video together. We had no idea what sort of look we were going for to start but with the help of my favorite summer pallette- the Smashbox Shades of Fame Pallette, some other products I had on hand and even a few pieces straight from Kreindy's makeup bag this is what we ended up with. Watch this weeks video here to see how I got this look from beginning to end or read till the bottom where it will be as well.
Makeup Products and Brushes Used:
Smashbox Shades of Fame Eye Shadow Pallette - Sherbert, Nude and Mocha
Maybelline XXL Pro Mascara (Discontinued Unfortunately)
Bare Minerals Powder Foundation
Coastal Scent 105 Brush (Discontinued Unfortunately)
It Cosmetics Universal Brow Pencil -Spooley Side
1. Apply a cream eye shadow all over the eyelid and up into the crease. This will prevent the powder eye shadows from creasing and help them stay put all day.
2. With a flat shader brush apply the orange color "Sherbert" all over the lid.
3. Take a blending brush and pick up the light brown color "Nude". Blend it through the crease to act as a transitional shade between the orange shade and the darker shade being applied in the next step.
4. With that same blending brush tap lightly into the color "Mocha." Pat it into the outermost corner of the eye and blend out well.
5. Using a small angled eyeliner brush line the upper and lower lash lines both pretty thinly with a black gel eyeliner.
6. Apply a mascara to the upper and lower lashes both.
1. Pat a powder foundation all over the face and to the under eye area with a large fluffy powder brush. If more coverage is needed go for a tinted moisturizer, bb cream or liquid foundation and concealer.
2. Contour lightly with a bronzer and angled face brush and then brush it over the face a bit as well to create a bronzed look.
3. Using a fan brush add a bit of powder highlighter just above the cheekbones, down the center of the nose, over the center of the forehead and chin.
Lips & Brows:
1. Brush through brows with the spooly side of the eyebrow pencil. If needed add a couple strokes of color through the brows too with a pencil.
2. Apply a matte pink lipstick to the lips.
And that is the finished look. I really like how the orange, gold and brown colors looked on her eyes! Let me know what you think of the look in the comments form below!
Thanks for stopping in!