I hope you all had a really nice and refreshing weekend, I sure did! Today I am excited to share this gorgeous teal and bronze eye makeup tutorial with you. To me it is the epitome of summer and I have been wearing this combination alot since the hot weather began. I think alot of us are afraid to wear bolder or brighter shades for fear of looking a little too wild. This look is a great one for just dipping your feet in the water a bit without going overboard. The trick is to combine those brighter shades with some neutral warmer colors like the bronze one here. This way you still get that fun pop of color without it looking too overdone. Teal is very pretty on so many eyes since it's a mix of those blues and greens. It certainly compliments my hazel brown eyes. This tutorial is based mainly around the Loreal Infallible line of eye shadows which remind me alot of the much loved Mac pigments in a packed down form. I have been wanting to share an eye look using them ever since purchasing the first one- bronzed taupe. I have recently expanded on my collection and they have undeniably become one of my favorite of those available at the drugstore. There are so many more stunning shades available and I just can't decide which to purchase next. In the meantime, here are the details for getting this look (watch this weeks Youtube video to see it done step by step.)
Products & Brushes Used:
1. Start by laying down the ivory cream eye shadow as a base for the eye shadows to adhere to which prevents them from creasing and helps them stay put all day long.
2. With a small angled eyeliner brush carefully place a creamy white eyeliner into the lower waterline.
3. Take some of the bronze color on a flat shader brush and pat it all over the entire eyelid up into the crease blending back and forth to get an even distribution.
4. With a pencil brush blend the teal color all along the lower lash line getting a bit thinner towards the inner corner.
5. Using a small angled eyeliner brush, dot a black gel eyeliner along the upper lashline smudging it in a bit as you go along, going from the inner corner all the way to the outer corner.
6. Using the ivory eyeshadow and a precise flat eyeshadow brush pack some color on to the inner corner of the eye and just above the browbone to highlight and accentuate the area.
7. Apply a nice amount of black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
I think this look is really lovely during these warm Summer months when our skin tends to be one or more shades darker. If you want to amp this look up even further for a night out then adding some more eyeliner and mascara as well as a pair of false lashes (Ardell Demi Wispies) would be a good idea. This is a look I have been wearing during the daytime with a nude or light colored lip.
On an entirely different more time apropriate note, tonight begins Tishaa Baav- the 9th of Av which is a fast day for Jewish people around the world. There is so much to be learnt and internalized during this day. I will be taking a break from blogging over the fast day. In that light, have an easy meaningful fast, may you be elevated and inspired!
Thanks for stopping in!