Yesterdays post was all about fun makeup looks that inspire me when it comes to holiday parties. I love glamming it up from time to time for a special ocasion. I usually go for the typical smokey eye and nude lip. I am trying to change it up a little though and this is one of the looks I wore recently that I thought was really pretty and definitely in that holiday theme. Usually my makeup tutorials include product names but this time I decided to leave that out as anything you have at home expensive or inexpensive can work and you do not have to use the exact items I did to get a fun look like this.
Here's the tutorial:
1. Start by laying a shimmery gold shade down over the entire lid and up into the crease area with a flat shader brush.
2. Line the upper lashline with a bright purple creamy eyeliner from the inner corner outwards thickening towards that outer corner.
3. Line the waterline and lower lashline with a creamy black kohl eyeliner.
4. Using a really small pencil/detail shadow brush take a little bit of purple eyeshadow and run it over the eyeliner applied previosuly blending it out just a little.
5. Do the same on the lower lashline blending out the lower lash area with that same purple eyeshadow.
6. Apply a black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
7. With a large highlighting brush apply a shimmery beige/white shade to the brow bone as a higlight.
8. Put that same shade in the inner corner to highlight there as well.
The Finished Look!
So what do you think? Would you wear this look for a special occasion or holiday party?
Let me know in the comments form below-I love to hear from my readers!
You can even pin this look to your pinterest for inspiration at a later time.
If you do recreate this look then I would love to see a photo send me one with twitter, instagram, facebook or by email!
Stay Updated! Subscribe in the left side bar of the blog with bloglovin, gfc or by email to be aware of whats going on at Gigi's Kitchen all the time.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Happy Chanuka!