As 2012 comes to a close I have gathered up some of my favorite and least favorite products of the year (already posted). I always like too see what others have been loving or hating as it is so helpful to me in my beauty shopping and saves me some money too. I hope that this can be useful to you in that way.
These are some of the items that I will repurchase again when I run out and that are just go-to never fail to please kind of things that are in my collection. I will write a short description as to why I think each one is so amazing. Some have been reviewed or mentioned here previously and I will link when necessary. Look out for reviews on any that haven't been yet, they are coming soon!
1. Revlon Colorstay Foundation- This is one product that I am constantly raving about and that is because it's THAT good. When I'm not testing other foundations just for the heck of it I go back to this one as it truly never fails me.
What I Love About It: The thing I love most about it would have to be it's long lasting abilities, I can apply this in the morning and it'll last well into the late hours of the evening and looks the same all the way through.
2. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural- This is one a very well known and popular setting powder for the flawless look it gives .
What I love about It: I love it because of the beautiful natural finish it gives any foundation while setting it. It also adds a bit of color and coverage to whatever layer I have on already.
3. E.L.F. Glitter Gloss- I like every one of the glosses from this line. This is just the specific one I had lying around at the moment.
What I love About Them: The thing I love about them is that they aren't sticky, are even a bit moisturizing feeling and look really pretty and glittery but don't contain any annoying chunks of glitter and the best part is they only cost $1.
4. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in "Beige"- NYX has really affordable cosmetics that have a good name for their reliability. This is one of the first items I ever tried from their line. Although it has a strong scent of cherry and it's name is very random compared to it's actual color, this one is another of my favorite glosses.
What I love about it: It has a nice smooth finish, is highly pigmented in color and lasts pretty well on my lips for a gloss finish. I look forward to trying more glosses from this line in the near future!
5. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in "Best Bubbly"- In my opinion these are some of the best of the long lasting lipsticks.
What I Love About It: This is a dazzling nude color that looks good on almost every skin tone and pairs well with any makeup look. I can wear this for hours and hours and it lasts through it all- drinks and oily foods included. It doesn't flake or cause my lips to feel super dried out after either!
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in "Zero"- There are so many eyeliners available from makeup counters and drugstores everywhere. They all claim to be simple to apply and to last for ages.
What I love about this one: It really does live up to those claims. It is a very black, smooth pencil and glides on making drawing a straight line easy. What sets it apart from the rest is it's great lasting power. I like to use this one for lining my upper lash line and tight lining the upper waterline.
7. Lorac Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner Pen- This is the last product from the close up kit that I have not reviewed yet. Rest assured that post is coming quite soon. I find liquid liners in the pen form easiest to work with as they give the most control.
What I love about this one: It has a very fine thin tip that fits into the very inner corner of the eye easily and creates a thin perfect line and I don't find any flaking, smudging or irritation during or after application.
8. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara- This is my most proffered of all their mascaras.
What I love about it: It has an ideal brush size with bristles that help to lengthen, volumize and curl with ease. and the formula is easy to work with and is super black.
9. Urban Decay Naked Palette- Another very talked about product between beauty blogs all over. I would never have been able to pick just one eyeshadow so I chose my most used palette.
What I Love About it: It has plenty of neutral shades, some shimmery ones, and an assortment of matte shades. It is a great addition to my makeup artists kit with it's large variety of highly pigmented easy to work with shadows.
10. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner- I've owned this one for ages and I still love it just as much as the very first time I used it. I was so pleasantly surprised with it's quality and nice packaging.
What I love about it: It applies so easily with it's lovely gel texture, packs on a lot of opaque color with just one stroke and can easily take on many of my high end ones with it's quality.
11. Smashbox Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow in "Quartz"- I very recently reviewed these cream shadows. I could easily go without powder shadows if these came in every color the powder ones do.
What I love about it: This specific shade has just the right amount of gorgeous sparkle and lasts on my eyes all day long. It's my favorite from the collection so far.
12. Freeman Facial Clay Mask in Chocolate & Strawberry- if you have already seen my post about my skin care routine that I put up a while back you will know how much I love this and how vital it is in my daily regimen.
What I Love About it: It is the ideal at home spa face product. Every time I use it I feel pampered and relaxed. It smells like something you want to eat and it really does an immense job of giving me a deep clean feeling of my skin and preventing potential breakouts of any sort.
13. Guerlain "La Petite Robe Noire" Perfume- Although this is just a sample size I knew from the first spritz that it was going to be one I would adore.
What I love about it: It smells like caramelized brown sugar to me but in a perfume sort of way and I like that the scent seems to keep for hours, I am definitely going to be getting the large size of this one as soon as I decide to splurge on a new perfume!
14. China Glaze "In the City" Nail Polish- This is one of the polishes that was featured in my most recent nail of the day post. Whenever I am in the mood of glamming up my nails a bit this sparkly polish is the one I go for.
What I Love About It: It has a wonderful formula with just the right amount of glitter in each stroke and it dries really quickly which I like for when I am in a rush.
15. Covergirl- Clear Brow Set Gel- A brow set gel is one item that my makeup bag cannot be without. I have thick brows that can get unruly without something to set them in place and keep them from moving around.
What I love about it: It's completely translucent, so it doesn't seem noticeable at all after it's applied through the brows. It holds my brows together really well and still keeps them soft not all clumped together and dried like some others like it are notorious for.
16. Sonia Kashuk Remove Eye Makeup Remover- Another one of the items that my above mentioned skin care routine could absolutely not do without. This is something I use on a day to day basis.
What I love about it: It doesn't irritate my eyes and it removes my eye makeup (even the most waterproof of them) with just a couple of wipes of the product across my lids. It makes taking my makeup off in the evening a breeze. I have repurchased this one several times and I just can't imagine a nightly routine without it.
Let me know what your favorite beauty products were this year in the comments form below, I would love to know- I love trying the things that others love!
Thanks for stopping in!
Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Stay Updated! Please subscribe in the left side bar of the blog with bloglovin, gfc or by email to be aware of whats going on at Gigi's Kitchen all the time.
Feel free to follow me on twitter &"like" my facebook page as well for extra inspirations and updates!