Fall has officially started on the calendar and the weather certainly matches perfectly. The beautiful leaves of green gold and burgundy are scattered all over the ground and they sure remind me of being a little kid again. My siblings and I would rake huge piles of leaves in our backyard and jump into them. Very often we'd find what we called earwig bugs which are very common in the Midwest, they loved to hide out in the moist leaves. I also remember sitting with my mother on my neighbors porch swing and shaking out the little dress which the owner put on her goose statue only to find more of those earwig bugs. Those are my fond memories of Autumn as a child.
Here are 7 things that I love during autumn and am enjoying presently:
1) Burning candles with Autumn scents- I like to burn candles from time to time all year round but when Autumn and Winter come around I tend to light these scented ones even more often and whenever I'm home. My favorites are the 3 wick ones from Slatkin & Co. they are sold at bath and body works .The best part is they have these perfect fall scents to get in that really warm and cozy mood.
3) Changing up my Makeup Look- When Autumn rolls around I change up my every day makeup routine a little, going for bolder lip colors, graphic winged liner, and a full coverage foundation (my favorite is Revlon Colorstay) and deeper autumn shades for eye shadows-gold, browns, oranges even burgundies.
5) Wearing Darker Nail Polishes- Mostly in blues, purples, grays, reds and dark oranges.
(Essies Bahama Mamma, Maybelline Color Show Flaming Red, Butter London Royal Navy and OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest.)
6) Pampering with Moisturizing Products for face, hands, eyes, body and lips- as the days get colder my skin gets drier and therefore needs extra hydration. I enjoy pampering myself with special face moisturizers, body butters, lip balms, hand and eye creams. (St. Ives Naturally Smooth hand Cream, Bobbie Brown Eye Creams, Philosophy's Hope in a Tube for Lips, Laura Mercier Creme Brulee Souffle Body Cream and Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream Moisturizer.)
7) Holidays and Family/Friends Time- The entire beginning of fall is full of holidays meaning lots of family time for me and I absolutely love that. Who doesn't love spending time with the family and friends!?
What do you love for Autumn? Let me know in the comments form below. I very much love to hear from all of you.
most pictures in this post are from google. if a photo is yours and you would like it removed please contact me by email or in the comments section below and I will gladly comply immediately.
Did you know? you can stay updated easily by subscribing with Google connect, by email or with bloglovin' in the left side bar of this blog.
Wishing you all a Happy Sukkos and Good Luck on any holiday preparations!