It's that time again! I get so excited when I see brands that I love having these friends and family sales. I previously posted about philosphy, smashbox and stila. I got great feedback regarding those recommendations. So Tarte is doing one of their own now- how thrilling is that? Their prices are already pretty decent for high end cosmetics but who doesn't like a nice discount?! Tarte is a company based mainly around cosmetics but they do some brushes and skin products as well. The thing that sets them apart from all other cosmetic brands I've tried is that all their products are high performance naturals. I personally have found most of their products to be extremely pleasing and easy to work with!
With their sale going on now it gives me a great opportunity to tell you about my top 10 favorite Tarte products (keeping these hot summer months in mind) so that you can hopefully take advantage of this sale. This is more of a recommendation list with a short description and opinion. If you would like to have a review on any one specific item just leave me a comment below and I'd be happy to do so. This sale ends on August 6th so head over there now and get your discount on some great products!
Here are my recommendations/ top 10 products:
1. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara- a mascara that gives both volume and length and doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day.
2. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Doll Face- A matte blush with a lot of pigmentation and no sparkle. Looks good on every skin tone. Doll face is the perfect every day pink color.
3. Tarte Lip Surgence Matte Lip Tint- These lip tints are easy to apply and have great staying power, they are available in many beautiful shades and they have a nice matte finish.
4. Tarte Multipleye Lash Enhancing Liquid Eyeliner- This liquid liner has a very fine long tip that gives you the easiest line which can be used to create a very natural look or built up to create more drama.
5. Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush- This brush is a very nice natural foundation brush (Buffing brush style which is my favorite for foundation application) It gives a beautiful flawless finish with any foundation application.
6. Tarte Maracuja Waterproof Creaseless Concealer - ( I am in the shade light)- this concealer not only has a great coverage for under eye concealers but also has maracuja oil in it which helps improve the skins texture and moisture. It has a nice finish and can easily cover blemishes and discoloration as well.
7. Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder- This is a colorless setting powder. It gives a nice finish and sets concealers and foundations very smoothly.
8. Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12 hour Smoothing Eye Primer- This is an easy to apply eyelid primer which can be used on the eyelid and under eye area to increase the payoff of eyeshadows and make sure they last all day long. It works really well at doing this job.
9. Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lipgloss- These clickable pen lipglosses are sheer but buildable in color and have a stickier thicker consistency. I'm usually not a fan of sticky glosses but for those who like a long wear lipgloss these are fabulous.
10. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15- This is a creamy full coverage foundation that lasts very well on the skin. The fact that it has spf is also wonderful.
Have you tried any of Tarte cosmetics products? If you have which are your favorites? If you haven't go check them out! Leave me a comment down below I love to hear from you!
(Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review or any others on this blog. I try to give my best and most honest opinions on items that I have tried and love to help others in their beauty shopping )
On a totally unrelated subject, if you haven't yet, go visit Hautelook which is a daily deal kind of site that often has deals that you won't find anywhere else on cosmetic brands like the balm, nyx, elf and many others at any given time.
Would you like win a free makeup application? All you need to do to join the awesome giveaway is "like" my page- gigi's makeup on Facebook and you could win! Go check that out here.
For Gigi's Kitchen Updates feel free to subscribe with Google Friend Connect, Bloglovin' or by email in the left side bar of the blog!
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!