As the end of Summer 2012 creeps closer I try not to think about how it really is almost over. It feels like it only just started. Somehow the cold winter months seem to drag along and my favorite time of year- Summer seems to pass me right by. I thought I would share some of the things that I have been enjoying these past few months of Summer in the beauty category. I'm sure I will continue to enjoy some of these items well into fall as well.
1) Sonia Kashuk Remove Eye Makeup Remover- During the summer months I make sure to wear eye makeup that is waterproof to avoid smudging or meltdown in the heat. Therefore I need an unbelievable eye makeup remover when I am ready to take it my makeup off. After trying many I have finally found one that fits that description. It takes my eye makeup off so easily without causing oily eyes or any discomfort at all. I have been using this every time I remove my eye makeup this summer and I plan to purchase another bottle when I finish this one.
2) Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream in Light/Medium- With the weather being super hot, I like to wear products that don't feel heavy on the skin but give a good coverage at the same time. The fact that this product contains SPF 15 makes it great for summertime and I manage to achieve a pretty flawless affect using very little of this product and a buffing brush to kind of buff it into the skin. It is super easy to apply with fingers for a quick application in the morning if needed. I don't think it is meant to be a full coverage product, so although it works great for my every day summer face routine I'll prob finish it off and not necessarily repurchase.
3) Loreal Infallible Eye Shadow in 890 Bronzed Taupe- This eye shadow is a dazzling bronze color. This color just makes me think of summer sun. It's pretty simple to apply and blend and it can be used lightly for a more natural every day look or easily layered up for a night out. I used this product in a recent eye makeup tutorial so go check that out for ideas on how to use it if you would like.
4) Dolce And Gabanna "The One" Eau De Parfum RollerBall Perfume- I have worn this rollerball perfume ever since I received it with my Ulta order at the start of this summer. It's a lovely scent. I feel like rollerballs are the best perfume option for me since they don't run out too quickly and don't take up too much space for storage and traveling. They are also very easy to roll right on anywhere.This scent will always remind me of this summers great memories so ill probably end up getting another one somewhere down the line. It's not one of my longest lasting scents but it has the perfect mix of woodsy and floral notes to it which is why I love it.
5) OPI Nail Polish in "Thanks A Windmillion" and Essie Nail Polish in "Off The Shoulder- I've been wearing alot of either pastel shades or bright neons on my nails this summer. And these are for sure the two that I've switched off between and worn most this summer season. One is a more creamy mint green which is very flattering on my nails and the other a neon pink which just adds so much to any look. (I don't think the second one is translating accurately on camera or showing up as neon as it actually is.) It is truly such a bright gorgeous color.
6) Elf Studio Cool Bronzer quad- this E.L.F. bronzer is supposed to be a great dupe for Nars Laguna. I own Nars Laguna and absolutely love it. I purchased this one to see if that was actually the case and I don't think so. But, I still think this quad is fabulous. I like that it comes with 2 bronzer shades, a blush and highlighter. I use the bronzer in the lower left corner the most out of the entire palette as a contour shade. I like the color because it's a very natural bronze- not too orange or too brown and it has a tiny bit of shimmer in it which makes it the perfect summer bronze. It's very subtle but it adds enough depth where it is needed. That being said, it's not nearly as pigmented or smooth as the Nars Laguna bronzer but it works very well and is a much less expensive option.
7) Revlon Lip Gloss in the shade "Bellini" and Nyx Lipgloss in the shade "Beige"- I gravitate towards lighter lip products like glosses and balms for summer. All sorts of nude and pink shades are what I wear most in general. The Revlon one is what I go for when I'm looking for a natural lip that still has that pretty shine (I recently reviewed it in full so go check that out here) The NYX one is not at all beige like it's name. It's a lovely pink shade that is very pigmented and is what I choose when I want a nice pop of color on my lips. (I will be doing a full review for that product here on the blog very soon so I won't go into much more detail at this time)
8) Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black- I have been absolutely loving this mascara. It gives me a very full lash with lots of volume, flares them out nicely and doesn't clump. It doesn't say that it is waterproof anywhere on the packaging but it feels like it is as it lasts on my lashes like a waterproof mascara would and is very difficult to remove without a good makeup remover. This mascara has more of a dry formula and it has my favorite kind of mascara wand - instead of drenching the lashes with a ton of mascara it glides through my lashes smoothly while separating and lengthening.
9) Real Techniques By Samantha Chapman Buffing Brush - I recently ordered a bunch of the real techniques brushes with my latest Ulta order. I have never loved a brush as much as I do with this one. It makes my face products go on so smoothly and set to an airbrushed finish. I am so excited to try more of these brushes as I am very impressed with them.
Have you tried any of these products? Are any of them a favorite of yours too? What are some beauty products that you have been loving lately? Feel free to leave me a comment below telling me all about it! I love to hear from my you!
Would you like win a free makeup application? All you need to do to join the giveaway is "like" my page- gigi's makeup on Facebook and you could win! Go check that out here.
Did you know? you can stay updated easily by subscribing with Google connect, by email or with bloglovin' in the left side bar of this blog.
Thanks for stopping in!
Enjoy the rest of this amazing Summer!