I was so excited when I saw that Smashbox was having this awesome friends and family sale. For those of you who visit often you know how much I love this makeup brand. If you haven't tried any of their products before or would like to take advantage of this sale but are clueless as to what would be good to purchase I am going to help out. About a week ago Stila had a similar sale and I posted about it with my product recommendations. Whenever I see a sale going on for a company who's products I mostly love I like to share so that others can enjoy them as well. I will do the same for the Smashbox ones now. I will be mostly focusing on products that I would purchase for the upcoming summer months so it will be most versatile for you. This sale ends on June 10th.
So here is my list of 10 items that I love from Smashbox and would recommend as must haves for this Summer. This is more of a recommendation list then a product review. I may write a short description or reason why I like something but full product reviews may be up for some items in the near future. If you would like a full product review for any of these products please let me know in the comments below and I will be sure to do so swiftly.
1) Smashbox BB Cream- Definitely one of their best products! To be honest I don't love their foundations they just didn't work that well for me or my skin type. So I was a bit sceptical to try this but wow I think it is their coolest product yet. It really heals blemishes and gives me the most amazing finish without feeling really heavy on my skin and my favorite thing about it is that it has SPF 35 so once I apply I'm all set for the sunny weather.
2) Limitless 15 Hour Wear Cream Shadow- they can be worn on their own or with a powder shadow on top. They are long lasting which keeps them from melting down in the heat.
3) Be Discovered Be Legendary Lipstick- I've already reviewed this product. Go check that out here. I'm more of a lip balm and lip butter girl in the summer but these are pretty good lipsticks and could not go unmentioned.
4) Hyperlash Mascara- I've tried all of their mascara's and of all of them this is my fav. if you have seen my looks on the blog for their newest eye shadow palette then you have seen me wearing it. It lengthens my lashes and makes them look very black.
5) The Nude Lip Pencil- I don't like how dark lip liners look on me but lip liners are important because they help keep lipsticks on so I really like a nude lip pencil that's there to help and define just a bit without being over dramatic.
6) Limitless Eyeliner- I will be reviewing this product on the blog very shortly so I won't get into much detail but I will say this is the best eyeliner I've tried after my all time favorite Loreal eyeliner. It's great for lining the waterline or smoking out the upper lash line.
7) Halo Highlighting Wand- For an easy summer glow. I like to apply this on top of my cheek bones, under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and on my temple to highlight my features.
8) Eye Beam Double Ended Brightener- A double ended matte white/beige pencil that can be used to line the waterline and to highlight the inner corner of the eye or brow bone. I mentioned it in the post one earlier then this in a tip for getting those wide awake eyes.
9) Brow Tech to Go- I really like this eye brow pencil. The color shades well and lasts really long. Even though there is one that matches my shade I wish they would make more colors to match even more brow tones. It is double ended one side being an eyebrow pencil which is slanted so it's easy to shade in the brows. The other side is a brush like a mascara wand to brush the brows into place and hold them. I like the brush, the gel works but it isn't the best one I've ever tried.
10) Step by Step Contour Kit- One of the best contour kits I've owned. I like it just as much as my Nars Laguna Bronzer. I like that it comes with a contour powder, bronzer powder and highlight powder as well as a small brush which I find great for easy highlighting.
Hope these product recommendations are helpful to you! Good Luck.
I appreciate every single one of my readers. Please say hi! I love reading your comments.
Would you like win a free makeup application? All you need to do to join the awesome giveaway is "like" my page- gigi's makeup on Facebook and you could win! Go check that out here.
Don’t forget to subscribe by email or with Google connect.