My husband isn't the biggest fan of chicken for dinner. He'll eat any kind of chicken breasts but chicken on the bone isn't his favorite. So I don't prepare it very often but when I do I attempt to be very creative. He was impressed with these chicken wings so I'm certain you and yours will like them as well. It makes for a great choice to to serve the guys alongside those franks n blanks, beer battered onion rings and thick cut fries when their watching sports on the couch, or any other occasion really. Prepare them well in advance, then freeze and reheat them or start fresh and throw them in the oven a couple of hours to when your company arrives, same great results either way! Fry them up, or bake them as I've done for a healthier version. Also, if you really like to amp up the heat add a couple of dashes of red chili pepper flakes to the sauce mixture. And now, here's my recipe.
Sweet & Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings
Spice Mixture/Rub- 2 Tablespoons each- Garlic powder, Sweet Paprika, Onion Powder and Chili Powder and a little black pepper
1-2 lb. Chicken Wings
1/4 Cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Sriracha
1 Tablespoon Duck Sauce
1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
1. Preheat the oven to 450. Lightly grease a parchment paper lined/rimmed baking sheet/tray.
2. Combine 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, sweet paprika, onion powder, chili powder and a bit of black pepper as a rub. Sprinkle the mixture generously on both sides of every chicken wing and lay out on baking tray, keeping each piece separated a bit. Place in oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove tray from oven and flip each piece of chicken, then place back in oven for another 15 minutes or until baked through and crispy on the outside. .
3. In a medium sauce pan, combine honey, soy sauce, sriracha, duck sauce and orange juice. Mix to combine. Heat over a medium flame until it simmers, then lower the flame and add the corn starch. Stir for a few minutes until the sauce is thicker and sticky.
4. Coat each wing with a generous amount of the sauce you've prepared and place back in the oven for 20 minutes. Feel free to add more sauce once removed from the oven if you feel it isn't covered in enough.
5. Serve warm with any extra sauce to the side if you'd like.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can also follow me with: